Winners are selected in each of the 13 divisions. Which are grouped in 5 Groups.
Division Award winners will then go on to compete to win their Group Award.
A separate award for work produced overseas by New Zealand based Designers & Shopfitters.
The Supreme Award winner will be chosen from the 5 Group winners.
Excellence Awards are decided by the judges to celebrate the submissions that best demonstrate the following design elements:
1. FOOD + DRINK
2. ENTERTAINMENT + SERVICE
3. FASHION + HEALTH
Judges will score entries out of 100 points.
1. Entries will score up to 20 points for:
2. Entries will score up to 10 points for the following criteria:
3. Judges will have final say over all aspects of the competition. No further correspondence or discussion will be entered into and the entrant accepts the judges’ decision as final and binding.
4. The Convenor Reserves the right to relocate an entry from one division to another if they deem it necessary
5. Where there is a likelihood of conflict of interest in the judging procedure, then that judge will step down from evaluating that entry.
6. All entries are open to site visits where the panel deems it necessary.
7. The judges will consider the winners of each group for the Red Supreme Award.
8. All entries will be assessed from entrants’ submissions via the website followed by a preliminary judging session. Following this, finalists will be chosen and judges may visit each finalist before meeting again to decide on the winners.
9. The judging panel have been selected by the Retail Interiors Association executive board on the basis of their expertise and experience with retail design and shopfitting.
You will be asked to upload six clear photographs measuring at at least 1200 pixels wide by 1200 pixels high
A typed explanation (up to 300 words) of the project, explaining the client’s brief, budget, floor area and tangible effects/results.
A pdf version of the Floor plan showing overall concept and space planning.
Please note: The administrator reserves the right to use submitted images for the Retail Interiors Association website and the Red Awards including the awards presentation events, and other ongoing publicity purposes.
Important: Entries/projects must be authentic and have been completed between 1st June 2016 – 1st July 2017 and must not have been submitted into previous year’s Red Awards.
Entries close 5pm, Friday 7 July 2017.
Failure to comply with the conditions set out above will result in disqualification at the discretion of the convenor.